Friday, December 17, 2010

Wolf-kun

5 days ago we bought a dog, pretty much on impulse. He is a great puppy but has a massive problem with biting. Mainly he goes for the wife. I think he has learnt not to bite me, I tend to ignore him when he does and I stand up, keeping my hands out of reach. He now jumps up on me and licks my hands, jeans, computer (no! down! lol), but whenever the wife is here, he goes for her feet, hands and sometimes face. She is like a massive play-toy for him and it is driving her insane (she especially hates it when he pumps her leg wahaahahhahaha).




Wolf-kun loves running and jumping and I always leave the cage open for him (unless we are not at home) and even though it is the largest cage they had available I am thinking when he is at  home alone and wants to move about he is limited in range. Puppies love running and sleeping, so we have decided to buy another cage and join the two together. He will have room then to mess about.

He loves squeaky toys. He had a rope toy with a squeaky thing inside. Took him an entire day to destroy it. Tonight we gave him a new squeaky toy in the shape of a rubber chicken wing, and all I have heard for the 20 minutes is that thing. lol. It's fantastic. And with this toy he has stopped biting the wife.

I figured out that when we are on the floor he thinks it is playtime. To test this theory, I brought down a kitchen chair (this room has only a study chair and foot rest) and the wife is sitting in it and Wolf is paying her little attention. He is sniffing the chair like crazy and is back playing with the squeaky toy. lol.

Update: the toy lasted an hour. The squeaky chicken wing now only blows air. :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Love that doggie :P I'm gald you are having a good life there far far away Lee! Bad you got that sick, but that's the fashion in this time of year. A big hug for you and your wife!! =)
    Aline

    ReplyDelete