Saturday, December 11, 2010

Attack of the Man Flu in Japan

I'm too sick to write this post so I'll do it tomorrow.
It's now two days later and I'm worse and all because a couple of men on the train (right in front of me) couldn't cover their mouth when coughing. This is a common problem in Japan. It's a lot better than 13 years ago on the Hanshin line. Things have improved.

A few days back I noticed my throat was feeling a tad scratchy. I didn't think too much about it. Later that night the throat felt worse and my stomach hurt. The next day I went shopping with the wife and the throat was sore, along with the chest. So we popped into a chemist (called drug store with some awesome names like: Power Drug!! Super drug!! Best drug! Ultra drug) and the white coated person suggest some lounges. They did shit. I should have gotten the Vicks lounges as they have flavor.

The next day (today) I woke up with a blocked nose, sore throat, basically clogged up. Went to the chemist and got some liquid medicine with a picture of a red throat and some power lounges and some pills for something else. I am drugged up to my eyeballs LOL. But at least I have energy. Usually I don't take medicine (not a believer) and let it run its course and then the body builds up a defense against that infection next time; but as we are moving from tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, I can't afford to be laid low.

Getting sick sucks no matter where you are.
Chemists are many and plentiful over here. One shopping street could have 5 and they are all cose to each other. In Ishibashi, our small shopping street has three. You won't be able to find medicine in the supermarket like we can in NZ. But a bonus is that the pictures on the box usually explain everything that drug does. Just don't spend too much.    

No comments:

Post a Comment